Do you have guests arriving at your home any minute? Are you nervous about forgetting something? Use this last minute checklist to ensure that you have everything you need for a successful gathering at your home this year!
To get the guest bedroom(s) ready:
– Wash and change the sheets.
– Make sure your guests can easily access a phone changer.
– Set towels out for your guests.
– Place bottles of water in their room.
– Put a box of tissues out.
– Have a spare key made if they will be coming and going.
– Test out the mattress to ensure it is still comfortable.
– Place extra pillows and blankets in an accessible location.
– Make room in the closet for hanging clothes.
– Make room in their bedroom for a suitcase.
– Place extra toiletries in the bathroom.
– Put out a list of activities for them to take part in if they’ll be out and about.
– Write down the wi-fi password, the alarm code and other pertinent information.
To get the kitchen ready:
– Beforehand, get a list of food allergies or aversions from your guests.
– Ask about any special dishes or utensils you might need for them, especially if they have kids.
– Stock staples like coffee, creamer and snacks, even if you normally don’t drink those things or keep them in the kitchen.
– Plan your menu ahead of time so your guests will know what to expect.
– Do your shopping ahead of time so you don’t have to shop while your guests are there.
– Have plenty of snacks and heartier items available to eat at all times.
To take care of all the extras:
– Have plenty of reading materials on hand for your guests.
– Put out cozy blankets and offer plenty of places to sit.
– Put in nightlights around your home so your guests area comfortable getting around at night.
– Make sure you have holiday guests for everyone on your list if you are exchanging them.
– Consider offering wrapping paper and bags for your guests if they need to wrap presents once they arrive.
How do you get ready for holiday guests in your home?